The 30th Annual Tim McClure Benefit
The Tim McClure Benefit is HC3’s largest fundraiser of the year, held in memory of Tim McClure, a conservation pioneer who began Summit’s first recycling program back in 1976. The benefit is held to honor his legacy and support the HC3 programs that continue his vision. The event also recognizes the conservation efforts of community members and businesses with the presentation of the Green Scene Awards. It takes place thanks to generous in-kind donations from Vail Resorts’ EpicPromise.
This year’s event takes place Friday, February 22, 2019, at the DoubleTree Hotel in Breckenridge from 6-10pm.
To Purchase Tickets:
Ticket prices: $45 in advance / $50 at door / $75 VIP
Silent Auction Items:
Green Scene Awards:
The Green Scene Awards honor individuals and businesses in our community who strive to create awareness and cultivate solutions for a greener Summit County. Green Scene awardees are examples of real-world environmental champions right here in our own backyard. These awards will be presented to the winners of the five categories during the Tim McClure Benefit. The five categories are as follows:
- The Julia Butterfly Hill Individual Achievement Award for a dynamic individual who makes our community greener and keeps an eye on the environmental movement of our community.
- The Organic Fertilizer Volunteer Award for an outstanding volunteer in our community who inspires all of us to take proper care of the planet.
- The Essential Earthy Educator Award for a vibrant educator that advocates for environmental practices to be instituted within the workplace.
- The Greener Summit Business Award for a local business that makes an effort to institute environmental programs for their employees or clients.
- The Lisa Simpson Youth Award for a local youth dedicated to making his or her school, home, and community a more sustainable place.
Nominations are due by Friday, February 1, 2019