Make a difference in Summit County now!
The High Country Conservation Center (HC3) is a community non-profit organization that promotes resource conservation in Summit County, Colorado. Programs including recycling and composting, climate action, energy conservation, water conservation and sustainable food production. HC3 engages residents, visitors and businesses in protecting our local environment.
General Description of Duties
The Office Administrator position oversees office administrative functions for HC3. The Office Administrator will perform administrative tasks, including bookkeeping, corresponding with clients, and answering phone calls. This position also provides program and event support to help us meet our mission of promoting practical solutions for resource conservation and waste reduction. This position is full-time, year-round requiring 40 hours/week. This position was initially posted as part-time and has been changed to a full-time position posting as of 6/19/19.
Send cover letter and résumé to Jennifer Schenk at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 24, 2019. Qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the deadline. No phone calls.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with major/minor in environmental field.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong interest in environmental stewardship, conservation and sustainability.
- Strong basic math skills and ability to understand bookkeeping and budgeting systems.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and complete projects by deadlines.
- Strong computer skills required, including aptitude to learn new computers skills with ability to manage complex data in Sales Force database.
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills.
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record are required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs administrative and program support for organization. Responsibilities include answering phone calls, responding to customer emails, making meeting and event arrangements, and completing administrative tasks such as buying office supplies.
- Completes bookkeeping in Quickbooks, including invoicing, paying bills, and tracking expenses/income against budget.
- Enters and maintains customer records in Sales Force
- Completes annual appeal, our yearly request for donations to all prospective contacts.
- Provides program and event support as needed. Administrator will work zero waste and fundraising events. There are approximately six weekend events annually.
Position Information and Benefits
The position is 20 hours per week, year-round. Typical schedule will occur during HC3 business hours: Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm with some weekends and evening events required. Pay is $16- $18/hour depending on experience.