Grow to Share (GTS) provides healthy, fresh produce and nutritional education to qualifying Summit County residents.
GTS is a formal program of the High Country Conservation Center and offers the community gardeners a way to minimize food waste or surplus while supporting local families. All surplus produce is donated to Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) and to the Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC). Produce and nutritional education are offered directly to clients during home visits and office appointments.
The Grow to Share program is successful through the partnership of the following organizations:
- High Country Conservation Center
- Summit County Women, Infants, Children (WIC)
- Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC)
- Summit County Public Health
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Team of Summit (PANTS)
- Colorado Mountain College
For more information or to volunteer with GTS, please contact Jessie Burley.