To apply, please fill out the online application.
The Town of Dillon sponsors this program, because it recognizes the importance of increasing energy efficiency and minimizing the waste of natural resources to preserve our environment and ensure the long-term viability of our town. The Town is supportive of voluntary guidance to businesses, particularly in the form of incentives to encourage business success and economic development.
What improvements are businesses accomplishing?
- replace inefficient light bulbs
- add occupancy sensors
- improve insulation and air sealing
- add programmable thermostats
- calibrate or replace outdated appliances
Waste and Sustainability
- add clearly labelled recycling and composting bins
- add composting service
- improve hazardous waste disposal
- switch to environmentally friendly cleaners
- purchase post-consumer recycled products
- create incentives for re-usable bags
Businesses that join the program are provided with free:
- technical assistance, energy and waste assessments
- $100 cash to put towards a green project of your choosing; this year for businesses who take on an energy related project, we will rebate 50% of the project up to $400.
- additional energy and lighting rebates
- public recognition
- networking opportunities