EPA Region 8 is inviting you to a free one-day Food Waste Reduction Workshop on September 22nd to raise awareness of and learn about practical solutions to reduce food waste in schools.
This workshop is offered as a peer-to-peer learning opportunity and a chance to offer solutions to the challenges that school administrators, food service staff, facilities management and other school staff run into when trying to reduce food waste in schools. We would love to hear your insights.
We also want to offer solutions and strategies for you to measure and reduce food waste.
Proposed Workshop Agenda
- Introduction of the Food Waste & Loss Topic in the U.S. & in Relation to K-12 Schools
- On-Site Demonstrations of Food Waste Reduction Efforts with Facilities & Food & Nutrition Services Staff to Include Composting with an Earth Tub & Waste Diversion using A Chicken Coop
- Topics to be Covered: Food Donation, Composting, How to Measure your School’s Food Waste & More
- Network with Peer Mentors in Your Field to Learn How to Implement these Efforts in your District
- Learn About The Food Recovery Challenge & Pledge to Take Action!
Please contact the consultant on the project, Katrina Brink (info below) as she is happy to answer any further questions you may have. We will send out a more detailed agenda in the months to come to those who are interested in attending. Please RSVP by email to Katrina if you can attend at:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve thought about swapping out old incandescent light bulbs for energy efficient LEDs, now is a great time! This Friday, September 22, HC3 is partnering with LED Supply Co. to offer you a chance to snag some LEDs at super discounted prices. Swing by the greenhouses at the Frisco Transfer Center between 11:30 and 2:30 PM to meet Damien from LED Supply Co. who will be on hand to talk to you about your business’ lighting needs and schedule a time to check out your property. On-site, he’ll pull together a list of LED bulb types you need as well as a quote — businesses that sign up for a free assessment during the fair will be able to purchase most bulbs for just $1 or $2! Are you a property manager or a member of an HOA? Come talk to Nick from Franklin Energy about Xcel Energy’s Multifamily Buildings program. Learn how you can get free energy efficiency upgrades for your building and your tenants.